An incredibly unique and exciting opportunity to join experienced and dedicated professionals on this new venture, who will support you in gaining your qualification whilst working at a beach school and creative learning studio.
- Genuine care and affection towards young children; you need to light up when you see them and they need to feel it
- The ability to interact appropriately with children; you need to be open, approachable, friendly, positive and kind
- Be able to effectively and politely communicate with children and adults, parents, teachers, and most importantly children
- Be willing to learn; and learn, and learn!
- Be able to understand and learn about child development and put this into practise
- Be able to contribute to the smooth running of classes and workshops both indoors and out
- Be an outdoorsy person; be a nature lover and be an active person
- Be purposefully engaged in activities and involved in children’s play
- Be able to follow instruction well and seek advice appropriately
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Desired key person qualities are someone who is:
- Good listener
- A good conversationalist
- Emotionally intelligent
- Good level of personal hygiene
GCSE Maths and English at 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent.
We are committed to ensuring you will be trained to a high level. You will be offered the opportunity to complete such training as paediatric first aid, outdoor learning, safeguarding etc. You will receive a uniform and name badge to be part of our team. We offer time away from Playology to concentrate on your studies. Your mentor will support you with your studies. This apprenticeship is available with a view to the opportunity for possible future work at the end of the apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will be subject to a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure and a 6 month probationary period.
References will also be sought to check suitability.
There may be opportunities to work offsite but this would be in the local area and under supervision.
The position is to work mostly outdoors (on the beach). There will be lots of lifting of equipment etc, this is a very active role.
Earn while you learn. What's not to like about earning money while learning on-the-job, and getting a relevant qualification all at the same time.
Wide choice of careers. We are one of the biggest apprenticeship providers in the region and offer over 40 apprenticeship programmes in lots of career sectors.
Get paid. You will earn at least the minimum apprentice wage of £4.81 an hour (April 2022)
Great support. You will get the best of both worlds with support from your employer and college to make sure you achieve and get the best out of your apprenticeship.
Excellent prospects. Starting in the workplace means there is lots of potential for you to progress quickly, giving you a fast track route to career success.
A competitive edge. An apprenticeship will give you the edge when competing for jobs against other well-qualified candidates.
Get hired. The qualifications, skills and experience you gain will look super impressive on your CV and your apprenticeship could even turn into a full time job.
An alternative to university. Higher apprenticeships mean that you can become qualified to degree level and beyond.
Gain skills. Not only will you develop job specific skills, you will gain transferable skills, such as time management, that you can use in other industries and careers.
Real job. You will be doing a real job for a real employer and putting your skills and knowledge into practice will show employers what you are capable of.
Northumberland College Principal Nigel Harrett has announced his retirement after more than three decades of working in further education.
June 22, 2022
Hundreds of people enjoyed a day of fun in the sun at Northumbria Police’s now annual Rural Policing Open Day at Northumberland College.
June 20, 2022
Northumberland College has signed a groundbreaking apprenticeship agreement with battery pioneer Britishvolt to provide skills training
June 20, 2022