|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||1 day||Level 2||Part-Time - Day||Kirkley Hall Campus||Skills & Qualifications|
This course covers:
- Risk assessment
- Relevant health and safey legislation
- Correct PPE
- Operator checks and safety features
- Routine operator maintenance
- Preparing machine for operation and safety checks
- Prepare work area and materials
- Use of approved techniques
- Procedure for removing blockages
- Correct disposal of woodchip
- Prepare machine for transport and storage
You will be taught using a mix of theory and practical methods and assessment is integrated throughout the course.
City and Guilds
This course will take place between 9am-5pm. Days dependent on booking availability.
The aims of this course are to:
- Know the health and safety requirements for operating a wood-chipper
- Be able to carry out a risk assessment on a site
- Be able to prepare the equipment and site for wood-chipping operations
- Be able to operate a wood-chipper
- Carry out maintenance on a wood-chipper
City and Guilds
Following this course, you will be able to safely operate a manually fed wood-chipper as part of your work in the agriculture or aboriculture sector.
You could also progress to study one of our other short land-based courses.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.