|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||16 Weeks||Level 1||Distance Learning||Distance Learning||Skills & Qualifications|
Our Functional Skills courses can equip learners with anything from Entry Level to Level 2 knowledge of numbers, measurmeants and handling data.
Studies suggesting that up to a quarter of adults have Maths skills below that of a nine year old, so it is more important than ever to provide a basic source of Maths learning.
Students wishing to undertake the certificate should be aged 19 or over.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they can work towards a Level 1 qualification.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks||There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria, which will be explained during enrolment.|
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete.
You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit.
You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge.
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You should be able to work towards a Level 1 in functional skills to undertake this course.
This is a 16-week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16-week timeframe.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to improve their Maths skills. Our e-learning resources are sequenced to challenge the learner and maximise the development of crucial skills for work and life.
- Positive and negative numbers
- Decimals, fractions and percentages
- Ratio, inverse and direct proportions
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
- Time and money
- Converting between measurements
- Perimeter, area and volume
Handling Data -
- Averages (mean, median, mode and range)
The benefits of this course are:
- Full access to our e-learning solution which develops your knowledge to help you achieve the nationally recognised Functional Skills Maths and English qualifications
- This interactive course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Our activities are designed to help you apply learning to real life scenarios
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- The course will be individualised for you via diagnostic assessment to focus on any gaps in knowledge
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
After successfully completing the course, learners will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects or progress to further training.
You could also progress on to further study in the field or other distance learning programmes.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.