|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||16 weeks||Level 2||Distance Learning||Distance Learning||Skills & Qualifications|
|Flexible||16 weeks||Level 2||Distance Learning||Skills & Qualifications|
This course is a useful introduction for 19+, adult learners who wish to pursue a career as an event planner or for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities.
No previous knowledge and experience are required; however, minimum level 1 English skills would be beneficial for completion of assessments.
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks|
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully online
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
Unit 1: Planning an event -
- Section 1: The extent of the events industry
- Section 2: The scope of the event planner role
- Section 3: Planning an event
- Section 4: Planning for contingencies
- Section 5: The need for health, safety and security measures.
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event -
- Section 1: The importance of review and evaluation
- Section 2: The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- Section 3: The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Section 4: Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning -
- Section 1: Understand why market research is important
- Section 2: The methods and resources available for marketing
- Section 3: Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events -
- Section 1: Understand how an event is managed
- Section 2: Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Section 3: Understand the human resource requirements for an event.
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events -
- Section 1: Understand the importance of communication at events
- Section 2: Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Section 3: Understand why customer service is important at an event
Section 4: Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use.
After successfully completing the course candidates will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects or progress to further training. You could also progress on to further study in the field or other Distance Learning programmes.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.
Northumberland College student Lucy Whitehead has reached the Grand Final of the Young Horticulturist of the Year competition.
May 11, 2022
One of Northumberland’s most prominent businessmen has welcomed the news that Northumberland College is relocating its award-winning provision.
April 28, 2022
Northumberland College student Frances Currie showed she was a cut above in a recent inter-college barbering competition.
April 1, 2022