|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|September||1 year||Level 2||Full-Time||Ashington Main Campus||T Levels|
The T Level Transition Programme is a one-year post-GCSE course, purposely designed to give you the best chance of progressing onto your chosen T Level and successfully completing it. It will give you relevant knowledge, practical and study skills, work experience and support tailored to you and your chosen T Level subject area.
It has been developed with leading employers, schools and colleges who have provided their unique understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours that you will need for your next step and that industry employers look for in future employees.
Entry requirements are specific to support progression to T levels.
You will need a GCSE 4 in either Maths or English and a grade 3 in Science and any other GCSE subjects.
The T Level Transition programme will help you develop knowledge, skills and behaviours across five key areas to prepare you for your chosen T Level subject area:
- Industry relevant technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and skills for the workplace
- Positive attitude and behaviours
- Skills for successful study
- English, Maths and digital skills
- Study and work towards GCSE Biology if required
Maths and English are an integral part of the course to help you to not only reach the entry requirements for your chosen T Level but to also give you a sound understanding of the benefits and uses in industry.
You will attend placement one day a week to support development of your industry skills, this could be in a early years, school or health care setting.
The T Level Transition Programme is a one-year, post-GCSE course designed to get you T Level ready. It will give you relevant knowledge, practical and study skills, work experience and support tailored to you and your chosen T Level subject area.
The aim of the Transition course is for you to:
- Gain technical knowledge and practical skills relevant to your chosen T Level subject area
- Get ready for your T Level with industry work experience and preparation
- Develop industry relevant English, Maths and digital skills
- Benefit from focused individual support and personal development
- Plan the right next step for you and get the skills to succeed when you get there
Modules will cover:
- Equality and Diversity
- Human Development
Following this course, you can progress to a 2 year T Level programme in health and care.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.