Are you ready to enrol with us? Find out when enrolment sessions are planned for the course you're looking to study, and how to register with us.

Frequently Asked Questions:

16-18 year-old students

  • The original copy of your statement of results from school that includes your Unique Learner Number (ULN). This can be used as ID - alternatively, one of the below will be required
  • A form of ID (driving license/passport/National Insurance number letter/birth certificate)
  • Parent/guardian details (email address and mobile number)

Adult students

  • National Insurance number
  • Any benefit evidence to fund a course or low wage evidence
  • ID (passport or driving license)
  • If you are paying for your course in instalments, you will need to bring your bank details
  • If an employer is paying for your course, you will need to bring a PO number and letter as proof of payment
  • If you will be applying for an Advanced Learner Loan, you will need your birth certificate or passport
  • If you are enrolling on a Higher Education course, you will need to bring proof of any prior qualifications relevant to the entry requirements (e.g. GSCEs, A-Levels/Level 3 qualifications or any other Higher Education qualifications)
  • Asylum or refuge residency card or Home Office documentation
  • For non-UK citizens – evidence of pre-settled or settled status

If you cannot find proof of previous qualifications, please contact your previous education provider to ask for a letter confirming your qualification and grade. If you then still cannot access this, please still come along to your enrolment event and you can discuss this with our curriculum staff.

16-18 year-old students

If you are 16-18 years old, you do not have to pay for your course. However, you may require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check (largely for courses where work placements are necessary). You will be advised if you need this and if so, what documents/identification you will need to bring with you to process your application when you start your course

For some courses, you will need to wear a uniform, similar to those that you'd wear in the workplace. For other subjects, you may need personal protection equipment (PPE)

All students will need a well-stocked pencil case and stationery. 

Full details of what you will need for the start of term will be confirmed during your enrolment or induction. Bursaries to help pay for equipment may be available to you depending on your personal circumstances For more information, click here.

Adult & Higher Education students (19 years and above)

Some of our adult courses may require a fee. If you’re unable to cover the cost of this up front, we offer a range of options to help you pay for your course depending on your circumstances.

To find out more about funding for your course and the financial assistance available, click here.

Student ID badges will be issued either when you come to enrol on campus, or during your induction. 

We are required to take your photograph for your student ID badge when you enrol. This will be either when you drop in to enrol or during induction, depending on whether you are a new or progressing student.

Full course timetables will be given out when you start your course. You will receive your start date when you come along to enrol.

All students will be given information when they enrol that will detail the course start date, where to report to on the first day and what to bring with them.  

You will need to go to the reception desk at the campus where you will be studying at 9am on your first day of return.

For information on bursaries, free meals and travel expenses click here. If you have already applied to study with us, you should receive information on this via email.

Please bear with usWe receive a significant amount of financial support applications each year and are working through these as quickly as possiblePlease ensure you have submitted a fully completed application and necessary evidence.

Yes, you can bring one person with you to enrol. We are limiting numbers to only one additional person to control visitor numbers during drop-ins.

You can cancel your booking through the link in your confirmation email and rebook an alternative date using your original booking method.

If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled enrolment events, don't worry. We will be offering late enrolment events to accommodate those who cannot make it to the initial sessions. 

Please visit our website regularly for updates on the dates, times and locations of these late enrolment events. All necessary information will be posted there as soon as it becomes available.

You will be advised when you enrol if your course requires uniform or kit and how to order this.

If you have not been specifically advised that you will need this for your first day, you do not need to bring this. You will be given more information when you start your course.

You will be advised at enrolment if your course requires you to have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and what documents/identification you will need to bring with you when you start your course to process your application if this is needed.

A DBS check is largely for courses where work placements are necessary.

If you have an additional support need or a health related problem, please contact the inclusive learning team via

If you want to change the course you have applied for, you can discuss this at your enrolment eventIf the course you wish to change to is at a different campus, please ensure you book an enrolment event at the correct campus.

If you would like to change the course you have enrolled onto, please rebook an enrolment event so you can come along to discuss this.

Please still come along to your enrolment event where our specialist team will be able to offer valuable guidance on your next steps and course options.

Need some help and support?