|Start Date:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||Level 2||Distance Learning||Distance Learning||Skills for Employment|
|Flexible||Level 2||Distance Learning||Skills for Employment|
This qualification is designed for anyone considering a career in stewarding at spectator safety events. It is also suitable for anyone already working in the industry on a voluntary, part time or casual basis who wishes to formalise and further develop his or her existing experience and skills.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a learner support advisor.
This course is available:
- Fully online
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You will be required to complete a minimum of 50 study hours to complete the course.
The aims of this qualification are to:
- provide an introduction to the role of a steward at spectator events
- develop the knowledge and understanding of key concepts of spectator control
The course is made up of four mandatory units:
- How stewards prepare for spectator events
- How stewards control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
- How stewards monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
- How to respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning
You could complete additional distance learning courses at Level 2 or progress to an apprenticeship.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.