A new case of dementia arises somewhere in the world every four seconds. Dementia not only affects the individual themselves, but can also devastate their family, friends and entire lifestyle.
Whether you are looking to start or develop a career in the care industry, or you simply want to know more about dementia for personal reasons, this course is the perfect place to start, as it explores crucial elements of the different types of dementia.
The knowledge you will gain from this course could help you care for a friend or relative with dementia and enhance your understanding of their needs and behaviour.
Learners wishing to undertake the certificate should be aged 18 or over. You will need to have at least a Level 1 qualification in literacy as you will be expected to write answers for assessment purposes.
If this is your first full level 2 qualification you will be asked to complete a declaration form.
Call us on 0191 511 6127 to enrol.
|FREE *subject to eligibility checks
|There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria, which will be explained during enrolment.
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit. All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times. This course is available paper-based too on request.
This is a 16 week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
This course is suitable for those working in the care profession, or anyone looking into a career in this field of work. This qualification is also suitable for home carers or anyone who has an interest in learning more about dementia.
This course is split into seven manageable units:
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness
- Unit 2: Person-centered approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Unit 3: Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Unit 4: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Unit 5: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
- Unit 6: Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Unit 7: Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
After successfully completing the course, learners will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects. You could also progress on to further study in the field or other distance learning programmes.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.