This course is designed for students who wish to progress on to Higher Education or into a relevant uniformed services role. Students will study a careers focused curriculum, which offers engagement with a wide variety of uniformed services.
This qualification has been designed to provide highly specialist work-related knowledge and skills (common values and core competencies) sought by employers in a range of uniformed dervices, such as communications, teamwork, leadership and problem solving.
A relevant Level 2 Qualification.
Your progress will be assessed by a range of methods including practical assessments/ observations, written assignments, and identification tests. The course is 100% course work.
English and Maths are important life skills that will help you to achieve your best in your studies and progress to your dream career. If you have not already achieved grade 9-4 in GCSE Maths and/ or English at school, we will support you to improve your skills.
Mon-Fri, between 9am-4pm. Days and times of study are subject to change. Timetables are confirmed at the start of term.
The course is suitable for those that wish to pursue a career in the Uniformed Public Services.
You will study a number of modules over the duration of the course, such as:
- Preparing for a career in the uniformed services
- Developing aspects of physical fitness
- Developing leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Uniformed services hierarchy and routine
- Values and standards
- Map reading and navigation
- Telecommunications in the uniformed services
- Conflict management and personal protection
- Influence of the UK government, international organisations and the media
- Emergency planning
- Impact of war and conflict
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Crime scene investigation
You could progress to Higher Education or university, or, alternatively, gain employment in the uniformed public services sector.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.