|Start Date:||Duration:||Level:||Study mode:||Course location:||Course Type:|
|Flexible||1 day||Level 2||Part-Time - Day||Kirkley Hall Campus||Skills & Qualifications||Enquire|
This course is ideal for people who work in low risk working environments. It will equip individuals with emergency first aid skills and participants will gain all the background knowledge you will need to take charge in a first aid emergency in the workplace.
You will be taught using a mix of theory and practical methods and will be assessed as part of the course.
This course will take place between 9am-5pm. Days dependent on booking availability.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role and duties of a first aider
- Demonstrate how to assess a casualty by performing a primary survey
- Administer Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and understand how to operate an AED
- Perform a top to toe survey and place the casualty in the recovery position
- Treat a casualty who is having a seizure
- Treat for shock, bleeding, burns and fractures
- Recognise and treat somebody who is choking
You will be equipped to provide first aid in the workplace in the event of an emergency in order to provide initial treatment to colleagues and visitors.
Following the completion of this course, you could progress to studying on of our other land-based courses.
Find out everything you need to know about Northumberland College and our exciting range of courses!Pre-register for our next open event
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.