This qualification is aimed at learners aged 16-19-years old who wish to work in any sector within an administrative or managerial role.
A learner who completes this qualification is well placed to develop to full occupational competence with the correct support and training.
You will need 5 GCSE's at grade 4-9 including Maths and English.
The course is made up of two components, both of which need to be successfully achieved to attain the technical qualification. These include:
- Core component - graded A*-E
- Business Improvement occupational specialism - graded Pass, Merit and Distinction
Assessment is undertaken via a range of methods, including assignments, employer and external-based projects, and exams.
The employer-set project ensures students have the opportunity to combine the core knowledge and skills to develop a substantial piece of work in response to an employer set brief.
At the heart of the T Level is the valuable industry experience and the 45 day placement will give you.
You’ll benefit from the opportunity to:
- Understand the world of work and start networking with potential future employers
- Put your studies into context and practice developing skills in a real work environment
- Gain the experience of being in a workplace setting that lasts at least 45 days
- Check this is the career you want to pursue
- Gain real experience to put on your CV and to talk about at an interview
- Potentially secure a job or apprenticeship with the employer after you have completed your T Level
- Attend your industry placement as day release, block release or a mixture of both - this could also be split across up to two employers
The T Level technical qualification in Management and Administration allows learners to gain an understanding of what is needed to work within an administrative or managerial role. Topics covered include business context, people, quality compliance, and project and change management.
T Levels follow GCSEs and are the equivalent to three A-Levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares learners for work.
As part of this course, you will study a range of modules, including:
Management and Administration core modules -
- Business Context
- Quality and Compliance
- Policies and Procedures
- Project and Change Management
- Business Behaviours
Business Improvement modue -
- Business Improvement knowledge criteria
- Acquire and protect data to support the improvement process
- Analyse data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Engage stakeholders in discussions on business processes and improvement
- Identify, propose and plan solutions for improvement
- Monitor and report the implementation of business improvement activities
City and Guilds
On completion of this course, you could progress to Higher Edcuation, an apprenticeship or employment is a business or administation related field.
You will also have the skills, knowledge and experiene required to progress into a role with managerial responibilities.
We are the largest further education provider in Northumberland with campuses throughout the county.
Our student transport scheme is available for eligible students to make getting to and from college as easy as possible.
Our extensive re-development programme will create outstanding new facilities.