If you need help, here are some handy tips for writing an impressive CV!
- Personalise your CV to the job you are applying for and only include relevant information that they will be interested in.
- It is important for an employer to know your hobbies and interests you enjoy doing in your free time, to give them a better idea of you as a person.
- Make sure the email address you use is suitable to display on your on your CV. Always try to include your full name.
- Your CV should be no longer than two sides of A4 and provide an overview of your skills, qualifications and experience. Use bullet points or lists, if needed.
- Everyone has some work experience, from babysitting to helping mentor younger brothers/sisters - it's all work experience!
- Lying on your CV can land you in a whole heap of trouble. Keep it real. Employers will check references.
- Make a good impression by ensuring your CV is well presented and clear to read, with no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Be positive and showcase your skills in the best possible light so an employer is convinced you're the best person for the job!
- Each time you gain more experience, or learn a new skill make sure you update your CV.